My Blog Mission Statement

My purpose for blogging is to blend my faith and my disability and every other part of my life together. I know GOD touches every aspect of my life. My prayer is that my blog inspires others to trust in GOD and maybe look at things in a different way. I believe part of my life's mission; along with being a wife and mother, and a resident at the nursing home; is to do whatever else GOD tells me to do.

Sunday, November 5, 2017

THANKFUL DAY 1 - FREEDOM OF RELIGION

Image result for thanksgiving 2017


 I'm sit sting here thinking about what to say.  There was a shooting at a church in a small Texas town killing  27 people.   The deadliest mass church shooting in American history.  This come on the heals of a attack in New York.  A month ago we were mourning Las Vegas were a man opened fire at an outdoor concert.  2 months ago a man opened fire on a church about 20 minutes from where we live. 

What's happened to our country where  we're not even safe  in our churches;  the places where many us feel the safest. The first amendment  assures us of the freedom of religion; the right to assembly peacefully.  Why does it seam like the  people  who are so anxious to express their freedom of speech are the ones that do it at the expense of steeling it from others?      

We go to a beautiful country church that just turned 115 years hold.  Its the church Bryan grew up in; the church our kids have grown up in.  It is our home.  I'm  so thankful for the first adornment and what it stands for.  We may all wake up next Sunday morning and no church doors will  be opened.  We shouldn't fear this because the true church is not a physical building, but the body of  fellow believers.  We, as Christian, are called to be a  holy  people; set apart to love our enemies as we love our-self; to turn the other cheek. While we should definitely not condone what other people do or say, we  must not live our lives in fear.  The bible tells us that we will go through  trails and tuber lance, and its during these times that our faith truly grow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mental Health ~ Sleepy

  Before I go any further, I owe my Mama a HUGE apology  for all those times I wouldn't let her sleep!!! I love to sleep; like I could s...