My Blog Mission Statement

My purpose for blogging is to blend my faith and my disability and every other part of my life together. I know GOD touches every aspect of my life. My prayer is that my blog inspires others to trust in GOD and maybe look at things in a different way. I believe part of my life's mission; along with being a wife and mother, and a resident at the nursing home; is to do whatever else GOD tells me to do.

Wednesday, August 31, 2022

My Voice To My 21 Year Old Self

Remember when the teachers use to make us write a letter to our future or past selves?  Here's another one...

 

It's your 21st birthday.  You have finals tomorrow, but don't worry, Becki's taking you to Nashville Friday night.

When you're 22, you'll get your one and only tattoo.  It's a small teddy bear on the inside of your left ankle.  This way, no matter what job you get as a Social Worker, you'll be able to hide it when you need to and show off when you want to.  You believed the Bible loosely says that you are not supposed to make cuts on your body and that your body is a temple of GOD.  You didn't see your body as a temple of GOD.  So, naturally, you got a tattoo.  You'll like it until your 4-year-old daughter asks if she can get a tattoo.  (PS. she'll get one when she 17.)

When you're 23, you'll take a Philophsy class during a 2-and-a-half-week summer class (turns out you even need the class) that will change your life forever. You'll meet the guy you've been praying for.  His name is Barrett and he'll tell you he just wants to be "friends".  So, you'll be "best friends" for a year.  Right after you graduate from MTSU with your BSW, he'll tell you he loves you.

You will marry your best friend and the love of your life on November 7, 1998.

On July 13, 1999, You'll have a little baby boy. Dalton Keith and your greatest job as a Mama will begin.

In July of 2002, you'll be 6 months pregnant with Bobbye Susanna and you'll find out you're in preterm labor; this will win you a 6-week vacation in the hospital.  One of the hardest days you'll ever have is the day your 3-year-old will call you and he'll say "Mama, please let me come home. I promise I'll be a good boy."  It will break your heart and you'll cry for hours.  On September 5th, you'll give birth to the most beautiful, precious little girl in the world.

In the summer of 2018, you'll be on vacation and you'll fall.  You'll look up at Barrett and say "It's time," and you'll know he'll understand what you're talking about.  You've always wanted to be the one to decide when you needed more care and decide when it was time to go to a nursing home; you didn't want him or the kids to have to make the decision.  Although it gets hard at times, you know it's been the best thing for the whole family.  It has also allowed you to use that Social Work degree.  Well, your minor was in gerontology and all...Plus, you've met people and friends you might have never met otherwise.

Those are the big moments. But remember, these moments are surrounded by smaller ones that are equally important.  Enjoy yourself. Love and pray for everyone like it's the last thing you'll ever do. Never regret telling people you love them. Make more friends than enemies.  Forgive others, even if they don't apologize and you think they should.  Trus GOD even when, especially when, you don't want to.

And...and...

Forgive and love yourself...Because GOD does.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mental Health ~ Sleepy

  Before I go any further, I owe my Mama a HUGE apology  for all those times I wouldn't let her sleep!!! I love to sleep; like I could s...