My Blog Mission Statement

My purpose for blogging is to blend my faith and my disability and every other part of my life together. I know GOD touches every aspect of my life. My prayer is that my blog inspires others to trust in GOD and maybe look at things in a different way. I believe part of my life's mission; along with being a wife and mother, and a resident at the nursing home; is to do whatever else GOD tells me to do.

Tuesday, February 28, 2023

Mental Health ~ Sleepy

 

Before I go any further, I owe my Mama a HUGE apology for all those times I wouldn't let her sleep!!!

I love to sleep; like I could sleep 24/7...REALLY!

The medicine I take for Bi-Polar.  They make me sleepy.

Friends and family are quick to ask/say.  "You should stop taking so much medicine."

Are YOU MY doctor???

Truth is, I do take a lot of medicine.  It helps me cope and not go too far off the deep end.

Not everyone with mental illness can be treated the same way:  Some people are helped with meds, some are helped with counseling and some people need both.  I have a chemical imbalance.  So, while talking is good; I do need the medication to stabilize me.  

So, it's a trade-off.  Do I want to be stable or do I want to sleep a lot?

UHM, I think I'll choose...SLEEP!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mental Health ~ Sleepy

  Before I go any further, I owe my Mama a HUGE apology  for all those times I wouldn't let her sleep!!! I love to sleep; like I could s...