My Blog Mission Statement

My purpose for blogging is to blend my faith and my disability and every other part of my life together. I know GOD touches every aspect of my life. My prayer is that my blog inspires others to trust in GOD and maybe look at things in a different way. I believe part of my life's mission; along with being a wife and mother, and a resident at the nursing home; is to do whatever else GOD tells me to do.

Sunday, September 25, 2022

What GOD Has Taught Me Sunday: I Am who HE Says I Am



So, today after class I had a chocolate doughnut.  Then Barrett had a deacon's meeting and I had a cookie n cream milkshake from Steak n Shake. Well, needless to say I got stuff all over my shirt.  As I sat there watching people watch me get stuff all over myself, my first instinct was to be embarrassed.  Then I started thinking about a song that we had sung that morning.  I want to say it went like this "I am because the I AM says I am."  

Being disabled, I've spent most of my life feeling like I was inadequate.  No matter how often my parents, teachers or friends told me how special, smart, or loved I am/was, I never thought I was good enough.  {it is only been since I was in my forties that I've realized most people feel  EXACTLY the same way!}  However, people have felt this way since the beginning of time.  Cain did kill his own brother because God said his sacrifice didn't equal Able's.  

Truth is, none of us measure up...We can't...Once Adam and Eve sinned and lost their footing with GOD,  we did too.  It's only the blood of CHRIST that can save us from sin so that we can be reunited with GOD and spend eternity with HIM in HEAVEN.  We don't have to try to be someone we are not.HE meets and accepts us where we are.  We can't be good enough; we can't wash a stained shirt and have it come out quite as white as it was when we first go it.  I find it uncanny that one of the elements that cause the worst stains; blood, is the same element that Jesus used to save us from our sins.  

 Better than Oxy Clean!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mental Health ~ Sleepy

  Before I go any further, I owe my Mama a HUGE apology  for all those times I wouldn't let her sleep!!! I love to sleep; like I could s...