My Blog Mission Statement

My purpose for blogging is to blend my faith and my disability and every other part of my life together. I know GOD touches every aspect of my life. My prayer is that my blog inspires others to trust in GOD and maybe look at things in a different way. I believe part of my life's mission; along with being a wife and mother, and a resident at the nursing home; is to do whatever else GOD tells me to do.

Sunday, August 21, 2022

A LEGEND OF THE NORMANS - THE SOUND OF PAPA'S LAUGH

 

 


    On Christmas I guess I was 11 or 12, which would have made big brother, Jimbo, 14 or 15.  Either him or one of the other boys had gotten a BB GUN for Christmas,  This was a prized gift in our house.  So, Jimbo and my Papa go out to a field, which  also served as grave yard for broken down old cars.  (Don't most people have car grave yards in their back yard???)

Anyway, somehow Papa shot through a car window.  He told Jimbo told hold the BB GUN.  Jimbo said no and started running towards the house because he knew he'd be in a heap of trouble if our daddy thought he had shot through the window.

Well, my Papa started laughing.  Now you have to know, my Papa was maybe 5" standing on his tippy toes!  So, when he laughed it was larger than life.  It was a laugh that was contagious.  The kind of laugh that lasted a good 5 minutes.  The kind that every time you think of it throughout the day, you laugh just as hard as you did when it first happened.

I really miss that laugh!

I'm sure Jimbo will correct me where I am wrong, but for now it's a LEGEND OF THE NORMANS!

2 comments:

  1. This is great! Most everyone I know has a story involving bb guns. I would have loved to meet your papa

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's an accurate account. There were several expletives involved and I sure miss that laugh. Love you sis.

    ReplyDelete

Mental Health ~ Sleepy

  Before I go any further, I owe my Mama a HUGE apology  for all those times I wouldn't let her sleep!!! I love to sleep; like I could s...