My Blog Mission Statement

My purpose for blogging is to blend my faith and my disability and every other part of my life together. I know GOD touches every aspect of my life. My prayer is that my blog inspires others to trust in GOD and maybe look at things in a different way. I believe part of my life's mission; along with being a wife and mother, and a resident at the nursing home; is to do whatever else GOD tells me to do.

Tuesday, November 8, 2022

I love you, Bryan Barrett

 

o

This picture may have been made a couple of years ago.

OK, OK, maybe a few more...24 to be exact.

When we met in a 2-week summer Philosophy class, we didn't know how much our lives would change.

I had been praying to meet the guy I would marry and spend the rest of my life with.  I knew within 2 weeks that this would be the man that I would spend the rest of my life with.

He was a little less enthused. 

I think he loved me, I know he loved me.

However, it's one thing to fall in love and get married.  Is quite another thing to fall in love and get married to someone with a disability.

SIDE NOTE: I am in no way saying that people can't or shouldn't fall in love and get married, it is just not easy. (I have discussed this many times in this blog.)

I can only speak about our experiences, especially mine.

I can't drive, and as anyone with kids knows, being a chauffeur  is a big part of being a parent.  We were very blessed to have Bryan's Daddy and other parents and friends who could help out.

When we went out as a family, which was a great ordeal, especially when it got harder for me to walk, he proudly carried the weight.  It would have been so much easier for him to do things by himself, but he chose to do things that included us as a family.

He worked hard so that I could stay home with our kids and be the best mother to them I could be. 

He worked hard to give me what I needed to have a more productive life.

Even now, when I have to be in a nursing facility, he does whatever he can to include me.

Even when I'm unlovable...

Even when he doesn't understand everything...

Even when I don't deserve him...

He's still there

Oftentimes, when you're dealing with someone with a disability, illness, or really anything that puts a strain on the family, it's the person with the impairment who seems to get the bulk of the attention.

Sadly, I am the one who got that attention.

Most of the time I selfishly wanted the attention.

I took this away from my children.

But he still loved me, still loves me!!!



 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Mental Health ~ Sleepy

  Before I go any further, I owe my Mama a HUGE apology  for all those times I wouldn't let her sleep!!! I love to sleep; like I could s...