My Blog Mission Statement

My purpose for blogging is to blend my faith and my disability and every other part of my life together. I know GOD touches every aspect of my life. My prayer is that my blog inspires others to trust in GOD and maybe look at things in a different way. I believe part of my life's mission; along with being a wife and mother, and a resident at the nursing home; is to do whatever else GOD tells me to do.

Tuesday, August 16, 2022

THE VOICE OF FORGIVING YOURSELF

 Ephesians 4:32

The Gospel, the entire bible, is a story of a loving GOD who forgives us.  We didn't ask for it - we wouldn't even know what to ask for.  We don't deserve it and we can't forgive others until we acknowledge that GOD has forgiven me.

But,  how do I forgive myself?

It has been said that you are your own worst critic.

From the time we are born, the constant noise of voices  taunt our ears.  Voices that tell us everything from to what to eat to who our friends should be.  Voices  that can heavily suggest what we should study in school, who we should marry and even what our faith system should  be.

                           VOICES...VOICES...VOICES

How do we know what voices to listen to?

How do we separate our voice from the thousands of voices that bombard us every day?  

All the voices we hear are supposed to help us find our voice, not to determine it.

Because we here so many voices, we feel judged.  When we feel judged,  we feel guilty, and when we feel guilty, we start doubting ourselves.

 We want to please everyone and when we can't...when I can't

I feel like I've sinned

If I fall...I should have watched where I was going.

If I drop or spill something....I should have paid better attention.

If someone can't here or understand, me, its my fault for not speaking correctly.

While some are valid points, many aren't.  

If you've known me for more than 5 minutes, you know my go to phrase is "I'm sorry."

I guess I don't want to feel like a "burden" to anyone.

Of course, the are other things.  BIGGER things that we can't forgive ourselves for either...

LIKE

Have I shown my husband the love and respect he deserves?

Do my kids know I love them MORE THAN ANYTHING?

Have I been the daughter and sister I need to be?

Have I given my friend a ear when she need to talk?

Did I befriend the news patient in the nursing home?

Did I smile at the weary nursing home employees who seems to be having a bad day?

Did I pray when God prompted me to?

VOICES...VOICES...VOICES

HOWEVER

We are all going to fail.

ROMANS 3:23 says

"WE ALL SIN AND FALL SHORT OF THE GLORY OF GOD"

There are times when we sin and we need to feel guilty

BUT THEN

1 JOHN 1:9 tells us

"IF WE CONFESS OUR SIN, HE IS FAITHFUL AND JUST AND WILL FORGIVE OUR SINS AND PURIFY US FROM ALL UNRIGHTEOUSNESS"

PLUS, `JOHN 8:36 says;

"IF THE LORD SETS YOU FREE, YOU  ARE FREE INDEED."

While I know this is true, it is still hard to quiet the voices in my head.

So, I have to remind myself over and over and over again...

If God can forgive me, 

I can forgive myself!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Mental Health ~ Sleepy

  Before I go any further, I owe my Mama a HUGE apology  for all those times I wouldn't let her sleep!!! I love to sleep; like I could s...