My Blog Mission Statement

My purpose for blogging is to blend my faith and my disability and every other part of my life together. I know GOD touches every aspect of my life. My prayer is that my blog inspires others to trust in GOD and maybe look at things in a different way. I believe part of my life's mission; along with being a wife and mother, and a resident at the nursing home; is to do whatever else GOD tells me to do.

Wednesday, August 24, 2022

THE VOICE OF MY MARRIAGE PRAYER

 


Our engagement pic ~~ 1998


"Don't urge me to leave or turn back from you.  Where you go I will go and where you stay I will stay.  Your people will be my people and your God will be my God.  Where you die I will die and there I will be buried.  May God deal with me, be it ever so severely if anything but death separates me from you." (Ruth 1:16)

Yesterday, I talked about Ruth and how she is my biblical heroine and this verse is one reason why.  Years ago I heard someone talking about choosing a bible verse to pray over your marriage.  I chose this one because even though it is something that was said by Ruth to her mother-in-law, it can apply to marriage too.  Marriage is hard and anyone who says it has never left the altar.

{Side Note: I am not judging anyone's relationship. It's none of my business.  I don't want anyone to judge Barrett and my relationship because there are aspects of our relationship that no one knows about except Barrett and me.}

I chose Ruth 1:16 as my marriage prayer because I do want this to work. Our relationship can be really rough at times.  I love this man more than anything!!!!  I don't think either one can point to any one certain thing that is wrong, but because we are 2 broken people and we will be broken until we get to Heaven.  Because we are 2 broken people, we will have issues in our marriage.  I've devoted my life to this man; regardless of whether he's devoted to me (PS, he is!!!)  I want him to know that I'm just as devoted to him today as I was when I said "I do" on November 7, 1998.

On a bigger scale~sorry Barrett~I think this verse also reflects our relationship with GOD because we are supposed to follow HIM wherever HE leads us and HE doesn't want anything to come between us (I don't either!)  As close as I want to be to Barrett, I want to be even closer to GOD.



Us~uhm...later
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mental Health ~ Sleepy

  Before I go any further, I owe my Mama a HUGE apology  for all those times I wouldn't let her sleep!!! I love to sleep; like I could s...