My Blog Mission Statement

My purpose for blogging is to blend my faith and my disability and every other part of my life together. I know GOD touches every aspect of my life. My prayer is that my blog inspires others to trust in GOD and maybe look at things in a different way. I believe part of my life's mission; along with being a wife and mother, and a resident at the nursing home; is to do whatever else GOD tells me to do.

Friday, November 18, 2022

Thankful Thursday:Mary

 


Photo by PNGITEM


Every now and then, life blesses you with an unexpected gem.

Mary Long is one of my gems.

She is an 84-year-old, uh...character...Yeah, that's it!

She is a patient here at The Waters. 

She's had a very interesting life, to say the least.

She's been married 10 times.

Mary met her first husband when she was a 13-year-old hitchhiker.

He was in his 40s. and they were together for 30+ years.  He was the father of her 3 kids.

He was a bad diabetic and lost both his legs.  She said she was 70 lbs and toted him 'round like a sack of taters.

She says that he is the only one she ever loved and the only one who ever really loved her.

The rest of them, as she says, only wanted someone to keep them up and go to bed with.

As I said, she is a character.

But no matter how many times she tells me her stories, they are always, consistent!!

On Thankful Thursdays, I've been writing about strong women who have influenced my life, and Mary Long has definitely influenced my life.

Last week, I talked about how Mama always prays that GOD will place people in our lives to help us when she can't.

Mary is one of those people.

Mary has taught me many things, and probably many things she probably shouldn't have.

She is one of the happiest people I've ever met.  She's a natural entertainer.  She makes me feel better when I'm upset.

Who is a gem in your life?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mental Health ~ Sleepy

  Before I go any further, I owe my Mama a HUGE apology  for all those times I wouldn't let her sleep!!! I love to sleep; like I could s...