My Blog Mission Statement

My purpose for blogging is to blend my faith and my disability and every other part of my life together. I know GOD touches every aspect of my life. My prayer is that my blog inspires others to trust in GOD and maybe look at things in a different way. I believe part of my life's mission; along with being a wife and mother, and a resident at the nursing home; is to do whatever else GOD tells me to do.

Friday, September 30, 2022

IT'S THANKFUL THURSDAY - MY HUSBAND - MY SOUL MATE

 



Shh!  Don't tell him, but I LOVE BARRETT.

It takes effort to have a relationship with anyone; especially if one of those individuals is disabled and especially if it is an intimate relationship. 

My husband is unique.  We drive each other crazy.  Well, I drive him crazy because I am already crazy.

We've known each other for 25 years.  On November 7th, we'll be married for 24 years. 

He's been through the best and worst with me.

Every disability has its own set of challenges.  When those collide with the individual's personalities; they ebb and flow with each other like a river and when you add other disabilities, such as a mental illness, you get the perfect storm.

There is a quote from Legends of the Fall that describes this ideal situation perfectly:

She is like the water that freezes inside the rock and breaks it apart.  It was no more her fault than it is the fault of the water when the rock shatters.

You won't find too many people who can be there in the midst of the storm and are willing to be there through the good times and the bad.  It's not because they don't want to, sometimes people just can't carry someone else's burdens along with their own.  

It reminds me of a cartoon waitress, carrying multiple trays  

However, if you are blessed to find such a gem, cherish them.  Forgive them even when they don't ask for it.  Pray for them always.   Be patient with them and pray they are patient with them.  Remember this isn't just your disability, it's theirs too.  You didn't choose your disabilities,  but to some extent they did; regardless of whether it's your parents, family, friends, or significant other.    Where you need and expect them to take care of you,  you always need to be thankful for those who help and/or take care of us.  It's easy for us to get frustrated with our disability and take it out on the person or people who are taking care of us. 

 It's been said that we hurt the ones we love the most.  I think it's because we naturally assume that the people around us, love us and we take advantage of them.

That's why I'm so thankful and love Barrett so much!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Mental Health ~ Sleepy

  Before I go any further, I owe my Mama a HUGE apology  for all those times I wouldn't let her sleep!!! I love to sleep; like I could s...