My Blog Mission Statement

My purpose for blogging is to blend my faith and my disability and every other part of my life together. I know GOD touches every aspect of my life. My prayer is that my blog inspires others to trust in GOD and maybe look at things in a different way. I believe part of my life's mission; along with being a wife and mother, and a resident at the nursing home; is to do whatever else GOD tells me to do.

Sunday, October 16, 2022

Reflection Sunday - 5 Tactics to Slaying Giants



                                                                                                                          Photo by CLIPARTMAX


At church, we are going through the book of 1 Samuel, and today we talked about David and Goliath.  A favorite story of kids everywhere. 

When Dalton was  little, he had a Super Heroes Bible.  I'm sure no one is surprised by this!  (He may still have it.)  It highlighted some heroes in the bible and their characteristics

Some of David's characteristics are: obedience, humility, patience, courage and faith

We can see these 6 tactics when David faces the great Goliath.        

    - Obedience: David obeyed his father who sent him to take food to his brothers on the battle field.  He obeyed GOD when he told him to fight Goliath

    - Humility: Samuel had already told David and his father, Jesse, that David would be the next king of Israel.  It would have been so easy for him to become a cocky, prideful teenager.  But he was honorable and obedience; which is probably one of the reasons GOD chose him. A man after God's own heart (1 Samuel 13:14) 

Luke 12:48 says,   "From everyone who has been given much will be demanded, and from the one who's been entrusted with much, much more will be asked(This just happens to be one of Dalton's favorite verses, plus it was somewhat reference to in Spider-man.)  Because David was such good shepard, GOD trusted him with bigger and better things.

       -Patience: The kid was a shepard, and at night on top of that.  It may have been a ,little more exciting than watching paint dry.

I think its interesting  The GOD likens  HIMSELF to a shepard.  Sheep are suppose to be one the dumbest and most vulnerable animals alive.  David is very patient with his sheep, just as GOD is patient with us.

      -Courage: It is believed that Goliath was between 8 and 12 ft tall.  My Daddy was 6"7' tall, Everyone at school thought he was a giant.  So, I couldn't imagine being a youth (some people think he was under 5" tall) and facing someone that tall.  Hearing stories of how others who were taller and older than him, may have made David quake in his  boots.  Then King Saul placed his armor on David; which was too big and heavy for him.    He knew that unless he followed GOD's command, then he would have enough courage and wouldn't be able to defeat Goliath.

       -Faith: Not only did David have to obey GOD, but he also had to have faith that He would take care of him.  I've come to the conclusion that faith is either really simple or really difficult.    Hebrew 11:1 " "Faith is the substance of things hope for, the evidence pf things unseen.  Some people only believe in things they can see.  In John 20:29 JESUS tells Thomas; "Because you have seen me, You have believed.  Blessed are those who have not seen but still believe."  Without faith, we can't even take our next breath.  David had to have faith in order to gather up the courage to fight Goliath.

We all have giants and the same 5 tactics can apply to slaying our own giants:

1.  We  have to be obedient to what GOD tells us about our giants. 

2.  We have to be humble enough to say that we can't fight our giants without GOD

3.   We have to have patience to wait on GOD to tell and show us how to fight our giants. 

4.   It takes courage to fight our giants.  Sometimes it takes just as much courage (if not more) to NOT fight our giants, because GOD wants us to learn to cope with our giants, not slay them.  They are  intended to be part of our testimony .

And finally

5. We have to have faith to slay our 9 ft giants.  We have to know that GOD is with us, even when we can't see evidenced of it.

How do you slay your giants?  Comment below, please!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Mental Health ~ Sleepy

  Before I go any further, I owe my Mama a HUGE apology  for all those times I wouldn't let her sleep!!! I love to sleep; like I could s...