My Blog Mission Statement

My purpose for blogging is to blend my faith and my disability and every other part of my life together. I know GOD touches every aspect of my life. My prayer is that my blog inspires others to trust in GOD and maybe look at things in a different way. I believe part of my life's mission; along with being a wife and mother, and a resident at the nursing home; is to do whatever else GOD tells me to do.

Tuesday, October 18, 2022

Mental Health Mondays -My Shame


 
 The term "mental illness" holds a negative perceptions.  It is a lot better than it was 20 years ago,  but progress is still on the horizon..  I have been coping with mental illness for as long as I can remember - long before I was diagnosed  as Bi-polar.  There are things  I did that may have been cause by my Bi-polar, but I will still be held accountable for my actions.  There have been things I could have said and done better.

We need to bring an informational spark when we talk about mental health.  For one, the term "crazy" is thrown around way too much, and I am the first one to call myself "crazy".

People are made to feel guilty about their disabilities; especially their mental issues. I can only speak for myself, but I hate to disappoint others and feel like a burden to them.  I feel like I did something to deserve to be  disabled; like I had done something terribly wrong.

I know that  I had NOTHING to do with becoming disabled.

Why/ how can I feel guilty about something I had nothing to do with.

I am constantly apologizing  for things I did or didn't do. 

Now that I think about it, apologizing for what I can  or can't do is taking away from what God can do thru my disabilities.

I need to start thinking about my disabilities this way



No comments:

Post a Comment

Mental Health ~ Sleepy

  Before I go any further, I owe my Mama a HUGE apology  for all those times I wouldn't let her sleep!!! I love to sleep; like I could s...