My Blog Mission Statement

My purpose for blogging is to blend my faith and my disability and every other part of my life together. I know GOD touches every aspect of my life. My prayer is that my blog inspires others to trust in GOD and maybe look at things in a different way. I believe part of my life's mission; along with being a wife and mother, and a resident at the nursing home; is to do whatever else GOD tells me to do.

Thursday, October 20, 2022

Wednesday/s Word ~ Influence

 




Influence " is the power or capacity of causing an effect in an indirect  or intangible way; sway" 
`        

I've been told that I can be influenced very easily.  Maybe I am a chameleon and blend in wherever I go in Switzerland.  (Come to think of it, a lot of disabled people tend to {try} to blend in with others.)

I don't think of it as blending in as much as it is that I want to make others happy.

Unless you do or say something that totally goes against my core beliefs and values, I'm probably going to agree with you.

Some people say that I'm a doormat.

I MOST CERTAINLY AM NOT!!!

I do have loyalties to people that I will not break.

There are decisions that I have made, good and bad, that have put me in this position at this stage in my life.

We have all made these choices.

The thing about doormats is most of them say "WELCOME"*.  

I want to welcome people into my life.  I want them to feel welcomed and loved  Too many people don't feel loved and wanted.  People have been told that they don't deserved to be loved.  

Even the viliest of criminals deserved to be loved!

We don't stop and think of how people who influence us have been influenced.

I think if we could understand this, we might be a litte more understanding and patient with others.

 So yes, I may be easily influnced, but`maybe I can easily influence others, too.

*Please, if you are being abused in ANY WAY, please find HELP!















No comments:

Post a Comment

Mental Health ~ Sleepy

  Before I go any further, I owe my Mama a HUGE apology  for all those times I wouldn't let her sleep!!! I love to sleep; like I could s...