My Blog Mission Statement

My purpose for blogging is to blend my faith and my disability and every other part of my life together. I know GOD touches every aspect of my life. My prayer is that my blog inspires others to trust in GOD and maybe look at things in a different way. I believe part of my life's mission; along with being a wife and mother, and a resident at the nursing home; is to do whatever else GOD tells me to do.

Wednesday, October 19, 2022

About Me Tuesday - Why I Write

 



We all have that 1 thing that we love to do.  That 1 thing we have to do.  That we are meant to do.  It makes your heart beat a little faster.   It consumes your thoughts and even your dreams.

Mine is writing.

My inspiration was Judy Blume.  Who could read about her character, Fudge, and not fall in love with her and want to be a New York Times Best Selling Author?

Writing was always a way for me to express myself when people couldn't understand my speech.

It was something that was just mine.  I could keep it to myself or share it with others.  I grew up with the first three Norman Boys: Jimmy, Luke, and Caleb.  As the only girl, (I'm 19 years older than my sisters) sometimes I felt like I got lost in the chaos.  (Don't be fooled, though, I could hold my own in a fight!!!)

I can remember when Mama and Daddy got us a word processor.  I was so excited.  I can remember how the words were orange against the black screen.  I haven't thought about this in years...I'm actually getting chills just thinking about it!!!

We were at a used bookstore and Mama got me a book about writing.   She signed it to her "budding author" I felt so special that she called me an "Author"  Being a writer was fine, but being an author held a certain social status that meant that you had made it as a writer.

Writing, to me, come in phases.  I can go days, weeks, and months even without writing anything substantial.  Then I  can get on a roll where all I want to do is write.

Every time I write; everything I write tells a little bit more of my story.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mental Health ~ Sleepy

  Before I go any further, I owe my Mama a HUGE apology  for all those times I wouldn't let her sleep!!! I love to sleep; like I could s...