My Blog Mission Statement

My purpose for blogging is to blend my faith and my disability and every other part of my life together. I know GOD touches every aspect of my life. My prayer is that my blog inspires others to trust in GOD and maybe look at things in a different way. I believe part of my life's mission; along with being a wife and mother, and a resident at the nursing home; is to do whatever else GOD tells me to do.

Wednesday, November 23, 2022

Wednesday's Word: Thanksgiving

 




Today's word is thanksgiving.  Are you surprised???

Many of us remember what we are thankful for during this time of year, but do we truly know what thanksgiving really means?

The first Thanksgiving was a gift from the Pilgrims to Indians to show their appreciation for helping them get through the first harsh winter in America.

When was the last time that you got a gift or something that actually altered your life in some way or another?

Thanksgiving isn't just saying thank you to that nice stranger for holding the door open for you.  That's a nice thing to do, but true thanksgiving goes deeper than that.

I've written before about how my brother, Luke, lost his son Zack.  They chose to donate his organs.  That wonderful boy saved 6 lives!!!

I pray those recipients and their families live in a constant state of thanksgiving.

Maybe that's what thanksgiving is, a state of mind and heart.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Mental Health ~ Sleepy

  Before I go any further, I owe my Mama a HUGE apology  for all those times I wouldn't let her sleep!!! I love to sleep; like I could s...