My Blog Mission Statement

My purpose for blogging is to blend my faith and my disability and every other part of my life together. I know GOD touches every aspect of my life. My prayer is that my blog inspires others to trust in GOD and maybe look at things in a different way. I believe part of my life's mission; along with being a wife and mother, and a resident at the nursing home; is to do whatever else GOD tells me to do.

Thursday, November 3, 2022

Thankful Thursday -Gail's Mom

 


Photo by pngtree


I am continuing to give thanks to some of the women who have made an impression on me.

I have 2 friends here at the Waters who are sisters They both have some type of Apraxia. (I think)

I met Gail when I first came to live in the nursing facility.  She's so sweet.  Her condition is much more advanced than her sister, CJ.  Along with her trouble speaking, she's totally physically disabled.  I thought she had Multiple Sclerosis when I first met her.

I'll talk about these sweet ladies in other posts.

Today I want to talk about their mom, Mrs. Jefferys.  

First, let me say it's been a difficult week for me.

My roommate, Sandra , went to live with a caregiver in her home in Hermitage.  I got upset and Aella Saudade may or may not have, made an appearance.

Anyway, Mrs. Jefferys just called to say hello and see how I was doing.  She said she would check on me next time she comes to visit Gail and CJ.

It meant so much to know that someone, out of the clear blue, just called to say she was thinking about me.

Mama always says that she hopes people step in and take care of us when she can't be there.

I've been blessed by a lot of good "Mamas" over the years.  I'm proud and thankful to count Gail's mom as one of my adopted "Mamas".





No comments:

Post a Comment

Mental Health ~ Sleepy

  Before I go any further, I owe my Mama a HUGE apology  for all those times I wouldn't let her sleep!!! I love to sleep; like I could s...