My Blog Mission Statement

My purpose for blogging is to blend my faith and my disability and every other part of my life together. I know GOD touches every aspect of my life. My prayer is that my blog inspires others to trust in GOD and maybe look at things in a different way. I believe part of my life's mission; along with being a wife and mother, and a resident at the nursing home; is to do whatever else GOD tells me to do.

Friday, September 2, 2016

A Woman Who Fears The Lord...

A few years ago, I was a part of a (Christian) chat room and somehow the topic of fearing the Lord came up.  This one lady kinda of repairman by a lady that said she NEVER  feared God an even questioned my faith.  Proverbs 9; 10 says; "The fear of the Lord is the beginning of evil and knowledge of the Holy One is understanding." {NIV} I think the word 'fear' in reference to the bible has two meanings.  The actually state of being afraid and having a state of respect for someone.  As a Christian, I think we have to have both.  I trust God and know He loves me and will ALWAYS do what's best for me.  However, this is the same God who let it rain and flooded the entire earth for forty day and forty nights, killed all the male babies in Egypt before Pharaoh finally let Moses lead the people out of slavery, and allowed a man to be swallowed by a fish because he was disobedient.   So, let me think,,, am I going to fear the Lord who can change a woman into a salt because she glance back at the town that had her home..UHH, YES!  I was a huge daddy's girl, but if I got in trouble I dreaded the punishment, because I knew it would involved  me laying over my parents' bed and thick leather belt.  I got what I deserved, but I didn't like.  There are things in our lives the God reprimands  us for that we are not going to look forward the consequence, But we never doubt God's love for us.       As a woman of God, Proverb 31:10 tells us that "Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting, but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised." {NIV}  The term "fear"  in the verse means to reverence and respect the Lord.  I am to respect Him in the same (or greater manner) that I respect my husband.  In fact, I believe God may value the respect form of fear over literal fear.  If we get to know and reverence God, we will grow into a deeper relationship with Him.  The more we come to respect God,  the less we will actually fear Him because we'll come to trust Him and know that every thing He does is for our good and His Glory.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Mental Health ~ Sleepy

  Before I go any further, I owe my Mama a HUGE apology  for all those times I wouldn't let her sleep!!! I love to sleep; like I could s...