My Blog Mission Statement

My purpose for blogging is to blend my faith and my disability and every other part of my life together. I know GOD touches every aspect of my life. My prayer is that my blog inspires others to trust in GOD and maybe look at things in a different way. I believe part of my life's mission; along with being a wife and mother, and a resident at the nursing home; is to do whatever else GOD tells me to do.

Saturday, September 10, 2016

SIN AS DIRTY GLASSES

      I can’t see.  Now, I’m now blind; things just aren’t as big as 

they as they used to be.  I hear this is very common.  My theory 

is that world is being over taking by leprechauns and their sole 

purpose is to trick us and to make us think that we’re getting 

old.  Yes, this is most definitely be a trick of the leprechauns!

      With that being said,  a couple of times a year I like to go to 

the Dollar Tree and stock up on reading glasses.  I spread them 

throughout the house so whenever I need my glasses, there’s 

always a pair in reach.

      The thing about glasses is they get dirty quickly, though we 

may not notice it.  My kids will periodically pick up my glasses

 and the response is always the same: “Mama, these are filthy.  

How can you see out of them?” (And then they’ll actually clean

 them for me!)

      The truth is, my dirty glasses don’t bother me.  I don’t 

realize they’re dirty.  (However, I did stop as I was writing this 

and cleaned my glasses!) I allow myself to adapt, and my eyes 

have to strain more to see through the dirtiness, but I don’t 

realize this.

    Sin is a lot like a pair of dirty glasses.  It may start out as 

just a smudge:  I can tell this little white lie or I can dabble in 

this behavior and it’s no big deal. You do it more and more.  It 

may seem like no big deal; maybe no one get hurts our even 

knows, but God knows. 

      The more we sin, the harder it becomes to see that we are 

sinning.  The longer we allow our sin to go on, the more 

natural it becomes.  If I go back to my drinking days and 

hanging out in bars, it probably won’t too long before that 

becomes the norm in my life.  I’ll start to justify why I’m doing 

it and I’ll even believe that it’s OK. 

      That’s because my ability to see that I’m sinning had 

hinder me just as my ability to see becomes hindered when my 

glasses become dirty.  I probably won’t be able to see my sin 

until it’s pointed out to me, just like I can’t tell my glasses are 

dirty until one of  my kids points it out to me. 

      To get the most out of my glasses and to reclaim my vision; 

have to clean them (or have them clean by my kids). 

Likewise, need to clean my heart of sin.  It’s not always as 

easy as spraying Windex on a paper towel and wiping down 

my glasses.  To cleanse my heart of sin, I have to turn back 

God and allow Him to forgive and change me.  I have to be 

willing  to give up that sin which has become second nature to 

me.  I cannot live in sin and see clearly what God has in store 

for me.    I have to be willing to let Christ’s blood cleanse me 

white as snow.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mental Health ~ Sleepy

  Before I go any further, I owe my Mama a HUGE apology  for all those times I wouldn't let her sleep!!! I love to sleep; like I could s...