My Blog Mission Statement

My purpose for blogging is to blend my faith and my disability and every other part of my life together. I know GOD touches every aspect of my life. My prayer is that my blog inspires others to trust in GOD and maybe look at things in a different way. I believe part of my life's mission; along with being a wife and mother, and a resident at the nursing home; is to do whatever else GOD tells me to do.

Wednesday, September 14, 2016

MY CALL TO PRAYER

Prayer…It’s very passionate on my heart right now and has been for a while.  I’ve always prayed, but lately I’ve feel like I’m being called to be a true prayer warrior.  In 1 Corinthians 12-14, Paul talks about the different spiritual gifts a person can have.  I do believe prayer is a prayer is a direct remint of several of the spiritual gifts.  Yes, everyone; ever Christian is called to pray.  Yet I think some people are equipped with the words, patience and longer to communicate with God.        I think my prayer life can become a bit routine.  A bit too safe; who can go wrong with “Now I lay me down to sleep…” or “Lord bless this food.” Not that these prayer are bad or invalid, because there not.  I just feel that I need to dig deeper.  I have to expand my horizon and reach to where to where I      have not reach before.  There is a place I can reach in my prayers that I can never reach on my own.  A place that only is accessible by God granting me entrance.         This is a place I long to be.  But not only that, I feel like it’s a place God’s calling me to be.  Maybe’s it’s why I have so much alone time on my hands.    My goal in life is that I want to be as close to God as I can get.         But I can’t just get close to God by wanting it.  It’s gonna take work.  I have to work at it.  Prayer is like anything else      , the more I do it, the better I’ll be at it, and the closer I’ll get to God.  It may take my entire life to get to where God wants me to be and that’s OK.  I pray each and every that I become closer and closer to God.  I pray that when I leave this world and meet God face to face, He says “Well done good and faithful servant!’


  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mental Health ~ Sleepy

  Before I go any further, I owe my Mama a HUGE apology  for all those times I wouldn't let her sleep!!! I love to sleep; like I could s...