My Blog Mission Statement

My purpose for blogging is to blend my faith and my disability and every other part of my life together. I know GOD touches every aspect of my life. My prayer is that my blog inspires others to trust in GOD and maybe look at things in a different way. I believe part of my life's mission; along with being a wife and mother, and a resident at the nursing home; is to do whatever else GOD tells me to do.

Wednesday, September 14, 2016

YOU ARE NOT A BURDEN

A dear sweet friend of mine, she’s like a second mother to me, lost her husband in November, 2015  They were weeks away from their 48th anniversary.  This woman is one of the strongest and godliest woman I’ve ever known.  We were talking the other day and she said that she didn’t want to be a burden on her family.  My first though was, how could anyone think of this dear, sweet women as a burden?  I know all of her children and the thought of her being a burden to them would never even enter their minds.         However, I have the same thought.  I don’t want to be a burden on my husband and children!

 
Dictionary.com describes burden as a load which is carried, one which borne out of hardship.           Uhm, not looking good for burdens.
 Jesus tells us in Matthew 11:29-30 New International Version (NIV)
29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 
For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.
       We know we are called to hand our burdens over to God, but what do we do when we feel like the burden?    I love the verse Hebrews 13:2 Do not forget to show hospitality to strangers, for by so doing some people have shown hospitality to angels without knowing it.          Many people believe that this is referring to the person that is being served, but can’t it also refer to the person that is doing the serving.  Yes, we are called by God to serve others.  We teach our children the motto that it’s better to give than it is to receive.  I do believe this to be true, but we all have points in our lives where we need help; where we need to be served.
People have to be allowed to serve God.  If we have the attitude where we say  “I’m supposed to serve others, not to  be served.”;  then we are not only keeping them from doing what God has commanded them to do but we are also keeping them from the blessing that come along with serving someone.  Not to mention that we will miss out on blessing too by not being serve by them.
Now, please note, I am not advocating that you become a burden just to be served.  If you can server others, you are called to so.  The fact is that, it is possible (and probably likely) that while most people are serving others, they are also themselves being served by someone else

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mental Health ~ Sleepy

  Before I go any further, I owe my Mama a HUGE apology  for all those times I wouldn't let her sleep!!! I love to sleep; like I could s...