My Blog Mission Statement

My purpose for blogging is to blend my faith and my disability and every other part of my life together. I know GOD touches every aspect of my life. My prayer is that my blog inspires others to trust in GOD and maybe look at things in a different way. I believe part of my life's mission; along with being a wife and mother, and a resident at the nursing home; is to do whatever else GOD tells me to do.

Thursday, March 2, 2017

WHEN I FIRST REALIZED...

I'm sitting here listening to sermons on disabilities ,  and it took me back to ` first time I realized I was disabled.  I was in first grade and I was going to a slumber party at Easter Seals ~ an organization  that helped families and people with disabilities.  We had been going there as long as I could remember.  
    My mama took me and was going to stay until I got comfortable.  I went to  school where I was the only disabled student in the entire school. I think my mama wanted me to be around other disabled children..
      It freaked me out!  It was kind of  like looking in a mirror and seeing my self for the first time time and I didn't think I was pretty.  Some people may think it is selfish.  But sometimes, in the midst of self-discovery, you have to be a little bit selfish.  You have to be able to look at the bad side of an issue to truly understand it.  I think we as people, even as children, we don't like to "different" from others.  It's unnatural, but at the same time it is very natural.. 
     I wish I could say, I was able to get over my fear and that I stayed all night, but I ended up going home with my mama.  I wish I could say I never felt this way again.  But I can't say that.  Even now, as an older woman who's a wife and mother, I still at times, feel like the odd man out,  However, I now know that I'm  not "different"  God just made me "UNIQUE"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mental Health ~ Sleepy

  Before I go any further, I owe my Mama a HUGE apology  for all those times I wouldn't let her sleep!!! I love to sleep; like I could s...