My Blog Mission Statement

My purpose for blogging is to blend my faith and my disability and every other part of my life together. I know GOD touches every aspect of my life. My prayer is that my blog inspires others to trust in GOD and maybe look at things in a different way. I believe part of my life's mission; along with being a wife and mother, and a resident at the nursing home; is to do whatever else GOD tells me to do.

Thursday, April 12, 2018

STANDING UP FOR YOURSELF WHILE LETTING GO OF CONTROL



I have never felt like I've had a control problem.  I know people who need to get a handle for  THEIR control problems.  But I don't have a control problem.  I believe everyone has a control problem.  I think it is natural, we all focus and and relate to life better when  we feel like we are on stable ground.  No one likes to be out of the loop; even those who enjoy the element of surprise.  

It is hard not to be (or even to feel like your not) in control. We panic at the thought of chaos.  And God help person who changes our plans.  Being in charge makes us feel important  and powerful.  

I think a lot of our need to have control is due to the society we live in. Many people measured success in how much money or power a person has.  We all want to be number 1; only looking out for yourself and those who we deem worthy to be in our presence.

The need of being in control is, perhaps the oldest need in the book; its origins hanging from limbs of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.  How arrogant are we to think the we can have the same or even more control than God?  

Daniel 2:21 says "He controls the course of world events; he removes kings and sets up other kings. He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the scholars." (NLT)

Not only can we not control the big issues of the world; we don't even have control over our own life.  
Jeremiah 29:11 says "For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope."
When we choose to let go of our "need" to be in control and admit that God has ultimate control over EVERYTHING.

LET GO AND LET GOD

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mental Health ~ Sleepy

  Before I go any further, I owe my Mama a HUGE apology  for all those times I wouldn't let her sleep!!! I love to sleep; like I could s...