My Blog Mission Statement

My purpose for blogging is to blend my faith and my disability and every other part of my life together. I know GOD touches every aspect of my life. My prayer is that my blog inspires others to trust in GOD and maybe look at things in a different way. I believe part of my life's mission; along with being a wife and mother, and a resident at the nursing home; is to do whatever else GOD tells me to do.

Friday, April 13, 2018

Thankful Thursday ~HOME SWEET HOME

Image result for home sweet home

There's no place like home!t

Most of us probably first heard this mantra when we watched "The Wizard of Oz" as a child.  Many more  of us of didn't truly understand what this meant until we moved out of our childhood home.  We may laugh at those commercials that talk about the adult child bringing his laundry home for mom to wash.  But leaving home for the first time can be very dramatic.  My parents divorced after I left for college; while I felt comfortable at both  of their homes,  I didn't feel like I had a "home".  In fact, it really wasn't until I married Barrett and we bought our first house that I really felt at home for years, (Sorry, Mama!).  It was just nice to have a place to ourselves  where we were free to be who God created us to be.   It's a place where Barrett can come home from work and get rest he needs.  It's a place where Dalton and Bobbye Sue cam grow and laugh.  

I recently went out of town for a week and it really reminded me of how much I love our house.  Barrett has gone to great lengths to make sure that our house is accessible as it can be so that I can be as independent as I can be.  But more than that, it reminded me of how much I truly love Barrett and the kids.  I take too many things for granted and believe the lies that Satan tells me about what a good marriage should look like; of what being a good mother should be..  God made me, Barrett, and the kids unique to tell His story through our lives.  Our home may not be like any home you've seen before, but...

BUT IT'S HOME SWEET HOME TO US!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mental Health ~ Sleepy

  Before I go any further, I owe my Mama a HUGE apology  for all those times I wouldn't let her sleep!!! I love to sleep; like I could s...