My Blog Mission Statement

My purpose for blogging is to blend my faith and my disability and every other part of my life together. I know GOD touches every aspect of my life. My prayer is that my blog inspires others to trust in GOD and maybe look at things in a different way. I believe part of my life's mission; along with being a wife and mother, and a resident at the nursing home; is to do whatever else GOD tells me to do.

Tuesday, September 20, 2022

About Me Tuesday - Ms. Sharber

I have had many strong women in my life, so I'll be blogging about many of them.  Today I want to talk about Mrs. Sharber.

Ms. Eula Sharber was an elderly African American woman whou taught Sunday Scool in our church (St. Pius X) She was prodably in her mid 70's when I first met her.  I only mention her race because at the time 1 knew her, her race did effect her manorism.

She was one of the godliest women I've ever known  All you had to do was to look into her smiling face and you knew you were in thwe presence of God!   I went to a Catholic school, so I ddn't "have" to go to Sunday School; but I loved it and went every chance I got.

St. Pius went once a month to Broduex hospital.     You had  to be 13 to go.  So, as soon as I turned 13, she started taking me.  It was here where my passion for the elderly started.  This led me to study Social Work and Gerentology at MTSU  I believe that  studing these subjects prepared me for living in a nursing home.

One of my greatest memories of Sunday School was going to St. Mary's Bookstore on West End.  Every year they would open for ]one Sunday before Christmas.  Going St. Mary's always made me feel so special!

Ms. Sharber gave me my first "adult" bible

When she turned 85 (I think) Mama & Daddy let me give her a "surprize"   party.  (I think Mama did tell her, so she wasn't "shocked" to death.  I think she had a great time.  She got me back when she gave me a surprise sweet 16 party a few months later.

Daddy was the one who told me when she died.

Her funeral aboustltly broke my heart.   I think there were less than 20 people there and less than that at the cementary.  All I could think of how sad it was thet some who had blessed people sho much when she was alive.  (Yes, I know a funeral is for the living, but it was still sad.)

Ms. Sharber difinely had a hand in the (godly, I hope) woman I am today.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mental Health ~ Sleepy

  Before I go any further, I owe my Mama a HUGE apology  for all those times I wouldn't let her sleep!!! I love to sleep; like I could s...