My Blog Mission Statement

My purpose for blogging is to blend my faith and my disability and every other part of my life together. I know GOD touches every aspect of my life. My prayer is that my blog inspires others to trust in GOD and maybe look at things in a different way. I believe part of my life's mission; along with being a wife and mother, and a resident at the nursing home; is to do whatever else GOD tells me to do.

Saturday, September 3, 2022

Learning To Be Gracious

o

 

It is better to give than receive.

This is drilled into many of us since birth and while I believe there is a lot of truth in this,  we can feel guilty when someone does something for us or especially if they give us something.

Do you need to learn how to be GRACIOUS???

It's hard because we don't want to feel like we "owe" someone  If someone does something for us, we automatically look for something we can do for them.  If  someone gives us a gift, we start looking for something to give them back; usually something bigger or more expensive.

$1,000,000 is spent by Americans every December to buy gifts for people; a lot of them we don't even know that well.  Gifts that, by mid-January, most people can't even tell you what they got.

Now, I like gifts as much as anyone. (Hint, hint Barrett. {I'm not talking about gifts from my husband here. LOL!!!})

We need to learn how to say "thank you".  Many times these simple words are greater than anything we can ever give them.  Because it's now about the gift they gave us or the time they spent with us.

It's about...us.  It's about how much they love and care for us.  It's about them sharing part of themself with us.  It's about them being able to bless us.

When we aren't able to or unwilling to be gracious, we may be keeping others from doing the will of GOD and subsequentially keeping them from being blessed.

I DO NOT want to stand in the way of anyone being blessed by GOD.

The greatest gift can never be repaid...all we have to do is accept it.

When Jesus came to save us from our sin...from ourselves.  Only HIS blood was sufficient to pay the debt  that we so rightly deserve to die for and be banished to the darkness of hell and away from HIM

The only thing GOD asks of us is to accept HIS love and to share HIM with others.

Can we be gracious enough to do that?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mental Health ~ Sleepy

  Before I go any further, I owe my Mama a HUGE apology  for all those times I wouldn't let her sleep!!! I love to sleep; like I could s...