My Blog Mission Statement

My purpose for blogging is to blend my faith and my disability and every other part of my life together. I know GOD touches every aspect of my life. My prayer is that my blog inspires others to trust in GOD and maybe look at things in a different way. I believe part of my life's mission; along with being a wife and mother, and a resident at the nursing home; is to do whatever else GOD tells me to do.

Friday, September 2, 2022

Thankful Thursday -

 


My life verse(s) is Psalm 139:13-14:

"You made all my body's delicate, inner parts and knit me together in mother's womb.  Thank you for making me so wonderful and complete. Your workmanship is marvelous - how well I know it."

I love these 2 verses for many reasons...

First and foremost, GOD gave me the most incredible mama ever!  I wasn't the easiest child to raise; (Shh, don't tell those Norman boys!!!).  The idea that GOD chose to gift me with my Mama amazes me.  My Mama is about 5" tall and you would never know she had 7 kids (5 boys and 3 girls [she was blessed with a daughter when she married my stepdad, Garry]).  She did everything for us.  She made it look easy.  It wasn't until I had my 2 kids that I caught a glimpse of what it meant to love someone so much from the depths of your soul that you feel love for them in every breath you take...

Thank you, Mama, for loving me like that!

The other reason I chose these as my life verse(s) is that with my Ceberal Palsy, but especially with the Bipolar, sometimes I can't understand why GOD allowed me to be wired like this.  (I know everyone feels this way now and then!)  I get stuck inside my head and it can be hard to tunnel my way out.

I think I naturally associate GOD with goodness and I can't/dodon't measure up.  I'm broken and because I can't see anyone elses' brokenness, I feel shame and guilt. I feel like I've disappointed everyone,  especially GOD. But Mama always "God doesn't make (no) Junk!!!

Still, I see flaws in myself, but not flaws in others.  I can forgive flaws in others that I can't or won't forgive flaws in myself.

Musician Adam Jones said: "I am my worst critic and I think everyone in the band is a perfectionist."

This quote is a perfect example of what we all think but won't say out loud. 

Why can't we see ourselves as GOD sees us?  After all, we are made in HIS image.

DA...DA...DA...SIN!!!

Sin broke the mirror that allowed us to see ourselves as GOD sees us.

It's only through accepting Jesus' love and the hope that HE will restore and fix the mirror for us so that once again we can look into the mirror and see the image of GOD reflecting back to us.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Mental Health ~ Sleepy

  Before I go any further, I owe my Mama a HUGE apology  for all those times I wouldn't let her sleep!!! I love to sleep; like I could s...