My Blog Mission Statement

My purpose for blogging is to blend my faith and my disability and every other part of my life together. I know GOD touches every aspect of my life. My prayer is that my blog inspires others to trust in GOD and maybe look at things in a different way. I believe part of my life's mission; along with being a wife and mother, and a resident at the nursing home; is to do whatever else GOD tells me to do.

Thursday, September 22, 2022

Thankful Thursday: Why its Important to Be Thankful


Sometimes, it may be difficult to identify one certain that you're thankful for.  You know there are million different things, but maybe because of your mood and/or the situation you're in at the time, you may find it hard to pinpoint an exact thing you're grateful for.

Sigh...That's where I am today.

To be thankful is a verb.  I am going to choose something to be thankful for...

I am thankful that we had a good tech today.  Her name is Dominique.  She is our regular tech Monday thru Friday from 6 in the morning to 2 in the afternoon.  She knows how to do her job well and efficiently.  She always has a good attitude towards us and does not make us feel bad when we need something.

I think it's important to tell people we appreciate them.  Sometimes it may be the only bright spot in their day.  Too many of us feel that we are entitled to things and don't have to say "THANK YOU", especially to those people whose job is to "serve us".

BUT... When we are the ones who serve, we expect to be thanked and are offended when we aren't.

We...are...HYPOCRITS! 

Doesn't everyone deserve kindness?  Even if; especially if, they don't deserve it.

Mathew 5:38-40(NIV)
"You have heard it said: 'Eye for eye and tooth for tooth.  But I tell you, do not resist an evil person.  If anyone slaps you on the right cheek, turn to him the other cheek also.  And if anyone wants to sue you and take your shirt, hand over your coat as well."

I think if we all treated each other life we like we would want to be treated, the world would be a much better place.




 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mental Health ~ Sleepy

  Before I go any further, I owe my Mama a HUGE apology  for all those times I wouldn't let her sleep!!! I love to sleep; like I could s...