My Blog Mission Statement

My purpose for blogging is to blend my faith and my disability and every other part of my life together. I know GOD touches every aspect of my life. My prayer is that my blog inspires others to trust in GOD and maybe look at things in a different way. I believe part of my life's mission; along with being a wife and mother, and a resident at the nursing home; is to do whatever else GOD tells me to do.

Tuesday, November 15, 2022

About Me Tuesday: One Of My Least Favorite Quotes




One of my 3 favorite movies is Steel Magnolias  (along with Beaches and Step-Mom.

One of my all-time least favorite quotes is in Steel Magnolias occurs in the scene where Shelby is telling her mother that she is expecting a baby. M'Lynn is less than enthused. and says:

"You are special, Shelby.  There are limits to what you can do."

I must admit, if this had been my Mama, I think I would have slapped her. (Probably not, because the Norman Boys would have KILLED me!!!)  I wanted to be a Mama all my life.  I can remember Mama telling me that I should focus on being a "doting" Aunt.  (She said this when I was a teenager and I do love my Nieces and Nephews.) 

So, I guess why I struggle with this quote so much is because I can emphasize with Shelby.  I was told that I couldn't and shouldn't have children.

As I said, I wanted to be a mother more than anything.  I knew it wasn't going to be easy.  

Teddy Roosevelt said that "nothing worth having comes easy."  I think most of us agree with this

The other great quote in this scene is when Shelby says; "I would rather have 30 minutes of wonderful than a lifetime of nothing special."

Everyone has dreams and challenges.  How much are you willing to give for yours?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Mental Health ~ Sleepy

  Before I go any further, I owe my Mama a HUGE apology  for all those times I wouldn't let her sleep!!! I love to sleep; like I could s...