My Blog Mission Statement

My purpose for blogging is to blend my faith and my disability and every other part of my life together. I know GOD touches every aspect of my life. My prayer is that my blog inspires others to trust in GOD and maybe look at things in a different way. I believe part of my life's mission; along with being a wife and mother, and a resident at the nursing home; is to do whatever else GOD tells me to do.

Tuesday, November 15, 2022

Mental Health Monday: The Demons and the Pigs

 

Luke 8:26--39 tells us the beloved story of the man who lived in the tombs because he was possessed by a legion of demons and JESUS drove them into a herd of pigs who jumped off the cliff and drowned in the lake.

Now people have several opinions of the occurrence:

     -Some people say this story is clearly saying that this man is  demon-possessed, and does not have a mental illness.

    -Some people believe that this man does have a mental illness.

    -Some people don't believe in mental illness; and that mental illness is definitely not talked about in the Bible - which it is, BTW.

    -Some people think that sin causes mental illness.

    -Some people recognize mental illness as a true medical issue, and that has nothing to do with sin. (*Side note~some sins does lead to medical & other problems*)

 Regardless, of what you believe, JESUS healed this man of his demons.

And HE can heal people who have a mental illness.

However, HE doesn't always heal people. 

Many people stop believing in JESUS if they aren't healed.

    -Some people say you're not healed because your faith  isn't strong enough.

Sometimes, JESUS uses our mental health as part of our ministry

In Luke 8:28 we learn that demon-possessed man asked; "What do you want with me, JESUS, SON of the most High GOD?  I beg you don't torture me"

Are we asking GOD what HE wants from us; what HE wants from me?

Now, I know that HE doesn't "need" anything from me EVER!!!

I do owe HIM my love and respect; whether HE ever heals me or not.  I may end up being crazier than a betsy bug, so I ask that someone please remind me to praise GOD when  I can't remember to.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mental Health ~ Sleepy

  Before I go any further, I owe my Mama a HUGE apology  for all those times I wouldn't let her sleep!!! I love to sleep; like I could s...