My Blog Mission Statement

My purpose for blogging is to blend my faith and my disability and every other part of my life together. I know GOD touches every aspect of my life. My prayer is that my blog inspires others to trust in GOD and maybe look at things in a different way. I believe part of my life's mission; along with being a wife and mother, and a resident at the nursing home; is to do whatever else GOD tells me to do.

Tuesday, November 8, 2022

Mental Health Mondays: Prayers & Acceptance

Photo by Clipartmax


Oftentimes,  people with mental health issues, and sometimes other issues too, are made to feel like it is somehow our fault that we are the way we are. If we had more faith or if we prayed more, then we wouldn't be in this predicament.

First of all, doesn't the bible tell u not to judge?

I'll start by saying this;  I don't believe ANYONE would choose to have a mental illness.

No one in their right mind, anyway.  (Ba da rum -this is supposed to sound like a drum 🥁!)

OK, OK in all seriousness, I truly don't believe that anyone chooses to have a mental illness

It can lead to guilt, shame, self-harm, destructive families, etc, etc

The bad - or maybe the good -thing about having a mental illness, is that it's a solo journey.  I can talk to family and friends till I'm blue in the face (and I have) trying to explain how I think and feel and react to certain situations, but they will never be able to understand everything. However, this works both ways.  We can be married another 24 more years and I don't think  I'll ever understand Barrett.

I pray (and I know sweet Mama prays) every day that God takes away this thorn in my side.

But what if HE doesn't?

Chances are my mental illness is part of GOD's plan for my life.

Am I willing to accept it?  Do I have a choice?

Probably not

So, I will pray and keep hoping that I will hear the cherished words one day 


  









No comments:

Post a Comment

Mental Health ~ Sleepy

  Before I go any further, I owe my Mama a HUGE apology  for all those times I wouldn't let her sleep!!! I love to sleep; like I could s...