My Blog Mission Statement

My purpose for blogging is to blend my faith and my disability and every other part of my life together. I know GOD touches every aspect of my life. My prayer is that my blog inspires others to trust in GOD and maybe look at things in a different way. I believe part of my life's mission; along with being a wife and mother, and a resident at the nursing home; is to do whatever else GOD tells me to do.

Wednesday, November 9, 2022

Wednesday's Word -Comfort


    


According to dictionary.com, comfort means to soothe console, and reassure; (verb), a feeling of relief or consolation (noun).

Comfort is one of those words that has a different meaning for everyone; maybe it is associated with an image.

When we first got married, some friends of ours gave us a big overstuffed chair.  It was awesome to curl up and watch a movie or read a good book.

Comfort gives me a sense of peace.  No matter what is going on around me, if I can just close my eyes for a minute, then I can go on and deal with the ordeal at hand.

John 14:26 (KIV) says; 

"But the Comforter, which is the Holy Spirit, whom the FATHER will send in my name, HE shall teach you all things,  and bring all things to your remeberance, whoever I said unto you."

It should come as no surprise that GOD HIMSELF is the best comforter of all.

John 16:6-8 (NIV) tells us:

"Rather you are filled with grief because I have said theses things.  But very truly I tell you these things, it is for your good that I go away.  Unless I go away, the ADVOCATE will not come to you.  But if I go, I will send HIM to you.  When HE comes HE will proove the world to be in the wrong about sind and rightouness and judgement."


A couple of years ago my brother, Luke, tragically lost his oldest son.  I can't even start to imagine what that would feel like.  Luke took it in stride.  I'm sure he struggles every day to get up and live his life but he does it.  I am in complete awe of him.   I pray that he is able to dig down deep and take comfort in what we learned about GOD while we were growing up.

We do not always need to understand why things happen as they do.  In fact, it's probably best that we don't understand why things happen like they do  If we could understand why things happened, we would probably up in a ball and cry.

It's only through the hope, through the comfort, of GOD that we can survive anything at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mental Health ~ Sleepy

  Before I go any further, I owe my Mama a HUGE apology  for all those times I wouldn't let her sleep!!! I love to sleep; like I could s...