My Blog Mission Statement

My purpose for blogging is to blend my faith and my disability and every other part of my life together. I know GOD touches every aspect of my life. My prayer is that my blog inspires others to trust in GOD and maybe look at things in a different way. I believe part of my life's mission; along with being a wife and mother, and a resident at the nursing home; is to do whatever else GOD tells me to do.

Monday, January 30, 2023

Mental Health and God

 




It is hard to be a Christain AND have a mental illness.

When I was younger (and even now) people would tell me that if my faith were greater or if I prayed more I wouldn't be disabled (or God would take my disability away)/\.

This is, by the way, an AWFUL thing to say to someone!!!

I do think that if I was a better person, a better Christian, a better wife, a better mother, a better friend, a better...a better...a better...

Then I wouldn't have a mental illness!!!

Am I being punished????

The more I spiral into my mental illness I go, the more askew my view of God becomes.

It reigns from guilt to blame to acceptance to hatred to love and back again.

The circle of... insanity.

There are days when it takes every fiber in my body not to do something I can't take back.

I know this thinking is irrational and self-centered and is totally selfish because there are people who are truly irrational and self-centered; those who truly NEED help.

Somehow, in my opinion, we either think we are more deserving than others or we think we are less deserving than others.  

I tend to think I am less deserving than others.

(Some people say that this in itself makes me self-centered.)

Sometimes I wonder if GOD only gives us so many chances in this life, and I've reached my limit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mental Health ~ Sleepy

  Before I go any further, I owe my Mama a HUGE apology  for all those times I wouldn't let her sleep!!! I love to sleep; like I could s...