My Blog Mission Statement

My purpose for blogging is to blend my faith and my disability and every other part of my life together. I know GOD touches every aspect of my life. My prayer is that my blog inspires others to trust in GOD and maybe look at things in a different way. I believe part of my life's mission; along with being a wife and mother, and a resident at the nursing home; is to do whatever else GOD tells me to do.

Friday, February 3, 2023

Thankful Thursday: My Sweet Mama

 


I have the BEST Mama.

I know everyone thinks their mother is the greatest, but...

My mom will be 72 on the 8th.

She and Daddy took a chance on a sick baby who may have been profoundly disabled.  One who they may have to take care of for the rest of their life.  

She has 8 kids; 7 biological and one stepdaughter; 5  boys and 3 girls.  You'd never know it though.

She went to nursing school in her 40's to support her family; working 12-hour night shifts, so that the little kids always had someone at home to take care of them.

She took care of Dalton for about 6 weeks before  Bobbye was born.  (He was 3 and she lives an hour and a half away from us - she kept him during the week. Barret would pick him for the weekend .)

She came and helped take care of me after my hip replacement.

She is helping to take care of a family .friend.

I love my mama!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mental Health ~ Sleepy

  Before I go any further, I owe my Mama a HUGE apology  for all those times I wouldn't let her sleep!!! I love to sleep; like I could s...