My Blog Mission Statement

My purpose for blogging is to blend my faith and my disability and every other part of my life together. I know GOD touches every aspect of my life. My prayer is that my blog inspires others to trust in GOD and maybe look at things in a different way. I believe part of my life's mission; along with being a wife and mother, and a resident at the nursing home; is to do whatever else GOD tells me to do.

Friday, September 16, 2022

Thankful Thursday -For A Smile

 

I am thankful for the ability to smile.  The art of smiling goes beyond the physical act.  A smile
starts in the heart.  It grows and grows; until the moment's joy fills over and can't be contained by the heart any longer.

I don't think people smile enough; Many people claim there is nothing to smile about.

Smile is a verb...It's a choice...

Granted, there are times when we don't feel like smiling or it's inappropriate to smile and that's OK.  God gave us emotions for a reason.  HE knew we would have times of grief and sorrow.

But, joy comes in the morning!!!

Proverbs 15:13 {NIV} says "A happy heart makes a face cheerful, but heartache crushes the spirit."

Grief and sadness take a toll on the body, mind, and soul

Just as...

Happiness causes the body, mind, and soul to heal and to be at peace.   


We learn in Ecclesiastes 6:1-a (NIV)  that there is a time for EVERYTHING!


For everything, there is a season, a time for everything under the sun
A time to be born & to die
A time to plant & a time to harvest
A time to kill & a time to heal
A time to tear down & a time  to build up
*A time to laugh  & a time to cry*


Will you choose to smile today?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mental Health ~ Sleepy

  Before I go any further, I owe my Mama a HUGE apology  for all those times I wouldn't let her sleep!!! I love to sleep; like I could s...