My Blog Mission Statement

My purpose for blogging is to blend my faith and my disability and every other part of my life together. I know GOD touches every aspect of my life. My prayer is that my blog inspires others to trust in GOD and maybe look at things in a different way. I believe part of my life's mission; along with being a wife and mother, and a resident at the nursing home; is to do whatever else GOD tells me to do.

Wednesday, September 14, 2022

Wednesday's Word ~ Fulfilled

 


Are you fulfilled?

The definition of fulfilled is to be satisfied or happy because of fully developing one's abilities or character.

If I'm honest, I do not feel fulfilled.   There are things that I think need to be fulfilled. If I only had that or if he only acted like that of if she had said that...IF! IF! IF! {If if and buts were candy and nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas!!! 🎅}

Truth is, we can't be fulfilled by another person: even if they give us everything we want or need.  Only GOD can fulfill us!  It's only through reading HIS word and talking to HIM through prayer that we can know HIM and be fulfilled.

So many of us, all of us, have an idea of what would make us happy. It may be food, sex, money, baseball cards, whatever.  You fill in the blank.  We all think we know what is best for us, and we hate being told any differently.  

It has been said we can't pour into others when we, ourselves, are empty vessels.    

How can we encourage others if we aren't being encouraged?

How can we counsel others if we aren't being counseled?

How can we love others if we aren't being loved

WE  CAN'T

We have to choose to let GOD pour into us or we can't be fulfilled at all.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Mental Health ~ Sleepy

  Before I go any further, I owe my Mama a HUGE apology  for all those times I wouldn't let her sleep!!! I love to sleep; like I could s...