My Blog Mission Statement

My purpose for blogging is to blend my faith and my disability and every other part of my life together. I know GOD touches every aspect of my life. My prayer is that my blog inspires others to trust in GOD and maybe look at things in a different way. I believe part of my life's mission; along with being a wife and mother, and a resident at the nursing home; is to do whatever else GOD tells me to do.

Friday, September 9, 2022

THANKFUL THURSDAY - MY VOICE


 

My parents were told I would never talk, but I did.

I hate my VOICE.

It has been compared to fingernails screeching down a chalkboard.  I actually like the sound.  Our 3rd and 4th-grade math teacher, Sister Helen would make us work problems on the chalkboard.  I guess because of the way I wrote, my nails scraped it.  It irritated her.  (I may or may not have done it on purpose.)

Psalm 98:4 says:

"Make a joyful sound unto the LORD, all the earth:  make a loud noise; rejoice and sing and praise."

I've never been accused of this.  You know you're a bad singer when your 5-year-old begs you to stop. (Barrett said we just had to have kids.😂😂😂)

Having a speech impediment isn't easy.  About a month ago we had a tech who yelled at me because I was trying to tell him I have to speak loud and annunciate my words to be understood.  He had no right to yell at me~`even if I yell at him. (I'm not saying I should.)   The speech therapist put a sign above my bed that reads:

"When I annunciate my words, my voice gets louder.  Please note I am not yelling."

It's kinda ironic that I am married to a radio broadcaster, who minored in speech.

As I get older, my speech will get worse. but there are some things I can do to improve it.

I keep telling Barret the more I talk the better my speech will be, but...

However, the reasons I am thankful for are because:

Welcome a new resident

Be a friend to someone in need

Go get help for someone if they need something

Thank the staff for what they do for us

Speak up for those who can't speak  for themselves

Tell Barret I love him

Tell Dalton and Megan I love them

Tell Bobbye I love her

But, most importantly,

Telle GOD I love HIM

Regardless of who likes my 

"JOYFUL NOISE"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mental Health ~ Sleepy

  Before I go any further, I owe my Mama a HUGE apology  for all those times I wouldn't let her sleep!!! I love to sleep; like I could s...