My Blog Mission Statement

My purpose for blogging is to blend my faith and my disability and every other part of my life together. I know GOD touches every aspect of my life. My prayer is that my blog inspires others to trust in GOD and maybe look at things in a different way. I believe part of my life's mission; along with being a wife and mother, and a resident at the nursing home; is to do whatever else GOD tells me to do.

Friday, October 7, 2022

Thankful Thursday ~ Ms. Baltz

 

 


On Thankful Thursday, I'm going to be talking about some of the women who have helped shaped my life and my faith:

Today, I'm going to be telling you about Ms. Elizabeth Baltz.

Ms. Baltz went to St. Pius. Catholic  I had known for as long as I could remember  She taught Sunday School.  Because I went to a Catholic school I didn't "have to" go to Sunday School, but I went whenever Mama and Daddy would let me.

I went to a public high school so I went to Sunday School on a regular basis.

Sunday school was at St.Pius' sister church, the Assumption.  So. after the 8 o'clock mass, I would ride with Ms. Baltz to Sunday School.  We. always stopped at Mrs. Winners for breakfast.

This was one of my favorite times of the week.  We would sit and talk.  She was such a godly woman.  She worked at St. Thomas hospital and was one of the members of the congregation who went to Bordeaux hospital, along with Ms. Sharber. She taught me the importance of acts of service and the love of God.    She, her brother (Uncle Bud), and his twin sister (Ms. Bernardine) never married and live in their childhood home.  

Sadly, I did not keep in touch with her. The last time I saw her may have been when Daddy died.  I know she and Ms. Bernardine lived at Bordeaux hospital during their later years.  Ms. Bernardine died a few years ago.  Ms. Elizabeth passed away in 2019.

Oh yeah, they had an entire half-level of their house that looked like Christmas all year long.

How could I not love this woman and her family?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mental Health ~ Sleepy

  Before I go any further, I owe my Mama a HUGE apology  for all those times I wouldn't let her sleep!!! I love to sleep; like I could s...