My Blog Mission Statement

My purpose for blogging is to blend my faith and my disability and every other part of my life together. I know GOD touches every aspect of my life. My prayer is that my blog inspires others to trust in GOD and maybe look at things in a different way. I believe part of my life's mission; along with being a wife and mother, and a resident at the nursing home; is to do whatever else GOD tells me to do.

Monday, November 21, 2022

Mental Health Monday: Preparing for the Holidays

 

 


Ready or not; like it or not -

THE HOLIDAYS ARE UPON US!!!

The holidays are unique and bring up different emotions for everyone.

We are told that we are supposed to feel thankful and happy during this time of year.  However, for many people, especially those who have mental health issues, the holidays can be a time of dread and pain.

It would be easy for me to sit here and write that if people focused on the right things - the reason for the season, if you may - then they wouldn't have those feelings.

But I can't, because I feel the same way.

We can build our expectations to levels that can never be matched, so it is no wonder many of us can fall into despair when they aren't met.

So, what do we do to combat these feelings?

During the next few weeks, I'll be writing about ideas and ways to deal with mental health and the holidays.

Thursday is thanksgiving.  Sometimes it can be hard to pinpoint ANYTHING to be thankful for.  My Mama always says that we can always find someone worse off than us if we just look hard enough.

Great advice; doesn't always work though.

Start off by being thankful for your next breath, then the next, and the next.

You can't get out of the dak if your next step isn't illuminated.

***Many people believe the suicide rate goes up during the holidays.  However, according to the Centers for Disease Control (OCD), December has the lowest suicide rate.***

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mental Health ~ Sleepy

  Before I go any further, I owe my Mama a HUGE apology  for all those times I wouldn't let her sleep!!! I love to sleep; like I could s...