My Blog Mission Statement

My purpose for blogging is to blend my faith and my disability and every other part of my life together. I know GOD touches every aspect of my life. My prayer is that my blog inspires others to trust in GOD and maybe look at things in a different way. I believe part of my life's mission; along with being a wife and mother, and a resident at the nursing home; is to do whatever else GOD tells me to do.

Wednesday, December 14, 2022

A Christmas Memories-Kindness in a Bitter Sweet Moment

 




Photo by Kindpng


I don't know know if this qualifies as a good Christmas memory or not.

It was the first Christmas after Mama and Daddy separated.  I had just turned 17.  We knew Christmas would be very different that year.  

As we were getting ready to go to my aunt and uncle's house, someone knocked on the door. No one was there, but there were 4 big garbage bags and 3 smaller bags.

There was a tag on each that sack that said: "From Santa".

We never found out who the "Santa" was. (I have my suspicions, but will probably never know).

The strangest thing was that Mama's gift was a "Mother's Ring". Jimmy, Luke, and I had wanted to get her one for Christmas, but couldn't afford it.

NO ONE knew this except Daddy, but I don't think he was financially able to accomplish that.

We had other blessings that year.

A lady from our church worked as a waitress and her restaurant adopted us.  They had a lovely meal for us and gifts too.   

I think we had people leave money in our mailbox, too.

Christmas is such a beautiful holiday that gives us so many opportunities to show GOD's love to others.  Even if it's just a smile and a "Merry Christmas".





No comments:

Post a Comment

Mental Health ~ Sleepy

  Before I go any further, I owe my Mama a HUGE apology  for all those times I wouldn't let her sleep!!! I love to sleep; like I could s...